Monday, May 9, 2011

Supermarket Saturday

It was a busy weekend, and I'm sad to see that it is over! For the past few weeks, I have spent my Saturday morning teaching nutrition to parents of young girls. My favorite class was this week- the supermarket tour! Personally, I love shopping at the store, finding the best deals and learning about new products.

This tour was not an exception! I always start the tour covering food on the outer perimeter of the store because this is usually where all of your basic grocery needs are stocked. In reality, you never need to venture down the aisles because it is usually junk food: cookies, chips, sodas, etc. However, there are exceptions to this rule if you prefer frozen vegetables, cereal, or snacks. There are healthy snacks besides fruit and vegetables.

Parents asked great questions throughout the tour, pausing to look at specific brands within the yogurt, cheese, and juice realm. I always learn something new at each tour. This week I found out that Nabisco Nilla Wafers now offer a reduced fat version. What a bonus! These tasty treats are now healthier snack options!
I can't wait until the next supermarket tour where I hope to find even more new products!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts